Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
FSA Provider Information:
∙ PayFlex - FSA Administrator
∙ PayFlex - FSA Administrator Debit Card Information
∙ Important Information: Your FSA and Over-the-counter Items
You may use the Dependent Care FSA to pay for eligible dependent care expenses that allow you to work. If you are married, your spouse must also work, be a full-time student, or be disabled.
Expenses must be incurred to provide care for a qualified dependent, including:
• Your children under the age of 13 whom you claim as tax dependents (if you are divorced or separated, you may be able to claim reimbursement for childcare expenses you pay even if you cannot claim the child as an exemption).
• Your spouse who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care and who resides with you for more than half the year.
• Any other dependent that is physically or mentally incapable of self-care whom you can claim as a dependent on your tax return and who resides with you for more than half the year.
Eligible dependent care expenses include:
• Before and after-school programs
• Care in your own home – or in someone else’s home (as long as the caregiver isn’t your dependent and is age 19 or older)
• Daycare – at a licensed child or adult facility
• Nursery school or preschool
• Summer day camp
• Housekeeper who performs dependent care duties
• Taxes paid toward a caregiver’s wages
Ineligible expenses include:
• Care for a child age 13 or older who is not disabled
• Care given by a provider for whom you don’t have a Social Security Number or tax ID number
• Overnight camp
• Babysitting during times other than when you are working
• Educational costs for kindergarten and higher grades
• Long-term care services
For a complete list of eligible and non-eligible expenses Click Here
Please Note : The Dependent Care FSA may not be used for health care expenses for your dependents and your annual Dependent Care FSA maximum election amount may be reduced based on non-discrimination testing.
Click Here to View the Flexible Benefit Plan SPD
Click Here to View Forms
Click Here to View Vendor Contact Information
Click Here to View FAQs
Click Here to Enroll Now
© 2009 The George Washington University,
2121, I Street NW, Washington DC 20052